Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Still learning from Miss Julie!

This lo started out as a challenge, however it ended up taking on a life of it's own and in the end didn't really fit into the challenge! I just love it when my lo's take on a life of their own, don't you! I love the way it turned out. There was no sketch for this one the placing is all my own, the colors were chosen to fit into the requirements of the challenge. I have to say what I'm most proud of on this lo is the stitching....I was looking at Julie Bonner's blog site one day and she had a pic of a recent lo, which she had done some hand stitching on, I loved the look of her stitching and as most of you know I have been trying really hard to work on my stitching. I do all my stitching by hand, I am still resisting buying a machine, it's not very frugal if you buy every machine that comes out for every little trick, so I have just been trying to perfect my stitching by hand. After seeing Julie's sketch and looking at it really close I hoped I had guessed how to do the stitch. Now I won't say this it the same stitch Julie used on her lo, what I will say is the stitching on this lo is the least embarrassing I have ever done. So to say I am uber excited about the fact I have figured out how to do a really cute stitch simple enough for me and yet absolutely cute enough to use on lo's is an understatement! So thank you Julie, you still inspire me! Thank you to everyone who follows my little blog and takes the time to leave such wonderfully positive and uplifting comments! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

craftykat said...

I love, love, love the stitching!! I've become hooked on it too, it's time consuming, but I love the look that it adds. So that was all hand stitching? It looks great, it looks like machine stitching.. You go girl!!! :)

MoMo sprnany said...

Yes it is all hand stitching...I don't have a machine...scrapping really is the only craft I have any kind of talent for...(sometimes more talent than other) lol...I keep doing it no matter how bad it looks just trying to get better! Thank you so much for your kind comments!

Michelle said...

I love your stitching.. I came over here from Julie's blog after reading your comment. I think you did a wonderful job. I used to do a ton of cross stitching, pre-scrapbook days. So, I know how tedious stitching can be. I have only done it once on a LO. While it turned out fine, it did take quite a bit of time... bringing back memories of my stitching days. If you ever have any questions, I would be happy to help.